Beginning 9/6/20 - due to the COVID-19 situation, we have adjusted our meeting times to satisfy local guidelines, meet CDC requirements, and limit our assembly to a fraction of building capacity.
8:30 - 9:15 via Zoom on Sundays; Wednesday @ 7:00 for adults. Children's classes may vary.
10:00 - 11:00 Masks are required (this service will be live streamed below)
11:30 - 12:30 Masks optional
Note - Masks will be required both entering/exiting and when social distance cannot be maintained at both services.
Materials for the live service:
At the East Shelby Church of Christ, we are seeking to follow the activities and practices we read about in the New Testament. Our assemblies consist of the same things we can see the early church doing in the pages of scripture. Jesus said that God wants worshippers who worship in "spirit and truth" (John 4:24). We seek to not only worship in the proper spirit but in truth as well. In other words, what we do does matter. When you read the scriptures, you will find Christians participating in the following things:
- They read God's word (Colossians 4:16; 1Thess 5:27).
- They prayed (Colossians 4:2; 1Timothy 2:1).
- They remembered the Lord's death (1 Corintians 11:23–33).
- They sang (Ephesians 5:19).
- They gave on Sunday (1 Corinthians 16:1).
- They heard preaching (1 Corinthians 15:1–4).
- They glorified God (Phillipians 4:20).
- And edified (built up) each other (Romans 14:19; I Thessalonians 5:11).
We realize that our assemblies are different than what you might find at other places. But as we seek to do all things under Christ's authority, we realize we must follow the simple scriptural pattern seen above. When you visit with us you won't be pressured to participate, tempted with cheap gimmicks, or be entertained. Instead, you will find a local body of Christ meeting together to worship God and enjoy the spiritual fellowship between brethren.